Sunday, March 04, 2007

when it rains it pours

Mr. jack is still residing in the hospital. Things were looking up yesterday afternoon. Jack had 7 oz of formula and kept it down. he was acting great and all looked to be on the mend. Then night came and as his M.O has been his blood saturation levels seem to drop in the 80s at night when he is in deep sleep. When this occurs the alarms go off, nurses come in, etc... They give him oxygen and he settles down, but Sarah consequently got almost no sleep. Since he needed assistance they weren't ready to check him out today like we hoped. He doesn't seem to have changed that much while at the hospital, so Sarah is going to push for release tomorrow (she has been there since Thursday night!).

Meanwhile on the home front, I have been trying to hold down the fort. I caught up our laundry backlog (about 4 loads worth), mowed the yard, then started working on my office (filing). I was hoping that tonight I could watch some t.v. and finish the office, and also clean up the house a little more for Sarah's return. Alas, fate works against us. I stopped over at Audrey's friend Lilia's house to help her parents with some computer stuff. Right before leaving Audrey complained her tummy hurt. I took her anyway. She was playing with her friend with the occasional my tummy hurt, and then finally her tummy gave in . So instead of productivity/relaxation central I now get to cover the daughter with flu. Hopefully, it passes quick for he, plus I don't catch it , so that we have a healthy house for Jack to return to.

We were going to have our new maid come by for her first visit tomorrow, but I canceled that based on health. Work has also been busy, making this not the best time to be taking off. Oh well, can't plan sickness.

Friday our friend Roni is trying to setup a night to go out dancing and Saturday we have reservations for the symphony. Hopefully, things can be on the mend to accommodate those plans.

thats our weekend in a nutshell. When things die down a bit I will grab some pictures of the remodel stuff. We still need to paint and more, but that is yet another project on the backburner.

Rob

No comments: